Summer is here and fresh fruit abounds. I have a secret love for apricots. They remind me of my daddy. He was a toast guy who loved his apricot jam. Jen has been testing and toiling with apricots and she is playing with apricot jam recipes at the moment.
The apricots we get here in Washington during early summer generally aren’t that big. We decided we needed to wait until the apricot season really took off before we tested this recipe. Eastern Washington makes the perfect sunset orange apricot – they fit in the palm of your hand & they are so juicy and sweet.
Jen and I discussed dressing the apricot up with a little Brown Sugar Bourbon (BSB) from Heritage Distillery. This recipe is a light dessert that can be served at the end of a breakfast or brunch. It is the perfect topper and it is strictly for adults because of the fabulous boozy apricot.
During the summer, when kids run wild and days are busy, mama’s need to carve out time to make little treats for themselves. This recipe is a delicious way to spoil yourself!
Do a little prep the day before by getting your apricots soaking in the BSB and by putting your full fat coconut milk in the fridge. We followed this recipe by the Minimalist Baker for the coconut whip cream.
In the morning prep your granola. Jen uses the perfect mixture of oats, nuts and maple syrup.
Bake until golden!
Dried tart cherries and cranberries are the final mix in to complete this crunchy granola. Don’t forget to whip up your coconut cream.
Now layer your dessert, start with the coconut cream, place the boozy apricot on top and then sprinkle on a generous amount of granola. Delicious!
Boozy Apricot with Coconut Whip Cream and Maple Granola
Treat yourself to a Brown Sugar Bourbon soaked Apricot that is resting on a delicious Coconut Whip Cream topped with a Crunchy Maple Granola.
Makes: 4 portions
- 4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Raw Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Bourbon
- 2 Apricots Halved
- 1 can of Coconut Cream refridgerated for 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except the Cranberries in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread granola mix onto a lipped baking tray .
- Bake for about 30 mintues, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Granola is done when it is golden brown. Let cool and mix in the Cranberries.
- Put Brown Sugar Bourbon and Halved Apricots together in sealed container for at least 24 hours.
- Prepare Coconut Whip Cream. Place dollop of whip cream in bowl, place 1 apricot half on top and sprinkle a little bit of granola. Enjoy immediately.